As a recently self-discovered dog lover, I believe it’s true that you can’t put a price on love, especially the unconditional love you get from your furry little friend.
However, it’s also true that caring for your dog can be expensive, especially when you only want the best for him or her.
Having a dog can take a toll on your finances, but it doesn’t have to be that way. There are several ways you can turn your dog into a “performing asset” and make some money while you both have fun together.
Whether it’s big dogs or small dogs, here are some ideas that you could consider.
Perhaps the easiest way to make money with your dog would be dogsitting or dog-walking. You’re already going to walk your dog, so why not take advantage of this and make some extra cash walking other people’s dogs?
There are plenty of websites you can use to advertise your services as a dog walker or dog sitter. For example, you can try https://www.rover.com/uk/dog-walking/.
Just make sure you keep a tight hold on that leash!
2. Dog modelling
Maybe your dog has what it takes to be a superstar! Imagine having your dog featured in commercials or even a TV Show! Dog modelling can be very lucrative and is quite simple to do. All you need to do is sign-up for an agency. They will probably ask for or take some pictures of your dog. Then all that’s left is to wait for a call and go to the audition. Don’t forget your dog!
If your dog has what they are looking for, he may be called back for another audition or picked for the spot. Dog modelling can be a very lucrative career for your dog. If you’re interested in this, I suggest you visit https://www.urbanpawsuk.com/ and get started right away.
3. Dog Shows
Every year, there are thousands of dog shows happening in the U.K., each varying in size and entry requirements.
Dog shows are not only an excellent way to make money, (although you’ll need to get to the top!) they are a unique way for you and your dog to bond.
If you’d like to see a list of upcoming shows, visit http://www.fossedata.com/show_schedules/.
4. Make your dog Instafamous
Finally, this blog post wouldn’t be complete without talking about how to make your dog an Instagram star.
Instagram is a great tool that can be used in many different ways to make money. It’s also great because you can decide exactly how you want to use it and, mostly, be your own boss.
To make your dog Instafamous, all you need to do is start an Instagram page for them and start posting content. It’s not hard; everyone loves dogs!
But the competition is steep, so you will have to think about what you can bring to the table.
Here’s a helpful article with some tips on Instagram fame: https://jumpermedia.co/how-to-make-your-dog-instagram-famous/
Once you start getting noticed, it’s time to monetize your dog’s fame. Here’s how:
- Get sponsorship deals with dog stores. You can even contract these stores themselves, and get free products to promote or also get paid by commission.
- Use affiliate links. Similar to the previous point, but a bit simpler. Many sites already have different available products you can promote. They will give you a link and when people use your link to buy their products, you will also get a cut. Check out Fitbark for example https://www.fitbark.com/affiliates/
- Start a blog. You can also do this without Instagram, though I think it would be a waste of a great platform. Instagram is a great way to get people interested. Those people who want to know more about your dog or want to read your articles can visit your blog. On your blog, you can also promote products or make money from ads
- Youtube videos. Mostly, just like blogging, but who reads anymore? Making videos on youtube is also a great way of gaining an audience and making money from advertising. You will need to build your audience to 1,000 before you can place Google Ads on your videos.
Dogs are cute, and the pet industry moves over 60 billion pounds every year and will keep growing. If you have time and are passionate about your dog and dogs in general, you could make a career out of it.